ARPA Committee ChargeMembership
- The Committee shall consist of 7 members, comprised as follows:
- One (1) member of the Advisory Committee;
- One (1) member of the Planning Board;
- Two (2) members of the Capital Planning Committee;
- One (1) member of the Economic Development Committee;
- Two (2) Southborough residents who are not currently members of an appointed or elected Town board or committee.
- Members will be appointed by the Select Board at a duly posted public meeting following the advertisement for interest in serving on the committee.
- The term of office shall be for one (1) year;
- The Committee shall report to the Select Board as required;
- The Committee shall elect its own Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary, and shall establish a regular meeting schedule. All records of the Committee shall be filed with the Town Clerk and open to public inspection in accordance with applicable Open Meeting Law and Public Record statutes;
- The Committee shall operate in accordance with the State Conflict of Interest Laws;
- Members shall serve without financial compensation.
- The Committee shall provide recommendations to the Select Board on the expenditure of approximately $3,051,241 in ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act of 2021) funding;
- The Committee shall solicit input from Town departments, boards, committees, and commissions;
- The Committee shall solicit input from the Southborough community, through means including but not limited to surveys and public forums;
- The Committee shall develop an evaluation tool to rank proposals for funding, taking into account the benefit of the requested improvement to Town operations and/or the community as a whole;
- The Committee shall develop a report to present to the Select Board that will include a list of all proposals submitted for consideration, in addition to those recommended for funding;
- The Committee recommendation will be presented to the Select Board at a regularly scheduled meeting not later than May 16, 2022, and be prepared to discuss their process and findings at that time. Recommendations that impact FY23 funding for Annual Town Meeting articles should be made no later than March 1, 2022.
Approved by Select Board: November 16, 2021