The Board of Trustees of the Southborough Library, a six-member elected committee, is charged with:
- Engaging in an ongoing planning process that assesses the needs of the Library and the role of the Library in the community, and insuring that the Library develops to meet those needs;
- Selecting, appointing, and supervising a Library Director;
- Formulating Library policies;
- Advising on the preparation of the budget and securing funds to finance the approved budget;
- Working with the Library Director and Town Facilities and Public Works departments to maintain the building and grounds; and
- Advocating for the Library.