As we continue to grapple with the impact of COVID-19/coronavirus, here are some additional resources for businesses:
For Small Businesses and Nonprofit Organizations: The Baker-Polito Administration has announced a $10 million loan fund to provide financial relief to small businesses that have been affected by COVID-19. The $10 million Small Business Recovery Loan Fund will provide emergency capital up to $75,000 to Massachusetts-based businesses impacted by COVID-19 with under 50 full- and part-time employees, including nonprofits. Loans are immediately available to eligible businesses with no payments due for the first 6 months. The Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation (MGCC) has capitalized the fund and will administer it. To apply, please complete the application found on MGCC’s website, EmpoweringSmallBusiness.org. Completed applications can be sent via email to [email protected] with the subject line “2020 Small Business Recovery Loan Fund."
For Larger Employers: The Massachusetts Health Council (MHC) and Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM) have organized a live webinar to address general FAQ on COVID-19 for employers. The webinar will take place tomorrow, Thursday March 19th, from 12 Noon to 1:30 PM, and is free to all who register in advance, which you can do online at this link. The following topics will be addressed on the webinar:
- Current knowledge on the epidemiology of COVID-19 including transmission
- Common clinical manifestations of COVID-19 and risk factors for severe disease and death
- Analyze available methods for prevention and their potential effectiveness
- Workplace safety and issues for workforces that travel
- Telecommuting or remote working
- Wage and hour issues
- Discrimination and Harassment
- WARN Act/Plant closings, and
- Workers compensation and claims of COVID-19
Presenters will include:
- Delaney Busch, Associate- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
- Terry Cook, Vice President-AIM HR Solutions
- Davidson Hamer, MD, FACP, FIDSA, FASTMH, FISTM
- Tom Jones ESQ ., Vice President-AIM HR Solutions
- David R. Martin, ESQ .-Chief Executive officer- Massachusetts Health Council
- Laurie Parsons, Claims Director- A.I.M. Mutual Insurance Companies
Online registration for the webinar can be found at this link.