- The Committee shall consist of up to 7 members, consisting of at-large representatives of the community, with professional backgrounds and qualifications consistent with those needed for design, maintenance and operation of a municipal golf course facility in Massachusetts;
- Ex-officio members [who shall not count towards a quorum] will include the Town Administrator, and a member designated from the Public Safety Building Committee;
- Members will be appointed by the Board of Selectmen at a duly posted public meeting following the advertisement for interest in serving on the committee;
- Appointed committee members must be sworn in by the Town Clerk’s Office according to pertinent town by-laws.
Term and Organization
- The term of office shall be for one (1) year;
- The Committee shall report to the Board of Selectmen as required, but no less than on a bi-monthly basis;
- The Committee shall elect its own Chair, and shall establish a regular meeting schedule. All records of the Committee shall be filed with the Town Clerk and open to public inspection in accordance with applicable Open Meeting Law and Public Record statutes;
- The Committee shall operate in accordance with the State Conflict of Interest Laws;
- Members shall serve without financial compensation.
- The Committee shall develop a plan which makes it feasible to maintain a functioning golf course now and into the future and to take the necessary steps to achieve this purpose;
- The Committee shall engage with the current management company for the St. Mark’s Golf Course, to better understand the maintenance and operation aspects of the golf course, as well as opportunities to continue the relationship;
- The Committee shall work collaboratively with the Public Safety Building Committee to explore economies of scale with regards to access, parking, location of clubhouse and amenities, utilities, and course modifications;
- The Committee shall work with the Community Preservation Committee (CPC) to explore opportunities to make application to CPC for administrative, consultant, study and/or design funding for the golf course;
- The Committee shall prepare draft budgets for operations and capital improvements to be considered by the Board of Selectmen for future Town Meetings;
- The Committee shall communicate with town departments, officials, and other resources as needed [i.e. Inspectional Departments, Town Administrator, permitting boards, etc.].