Loose Dogs - Call Animal Control Officer Jennifer Condon at (508) 485-7817.
Licenses are required for all dogs older than 6 months.
A valid rabies certificate is required when applying for a dog license.
- New dog licenses expire when the rabies certificate expires!
- Keep the same dog license tag for the dog’s life – NOT a new one every year!
- You choose the length of your dog license:
- 1 yr. license if you have a 1 year rabies certificate - $12 for 1 year.
- 3 yr. license if you have a 3 year rabies certificate - $30 for 3 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I renew my dog license? The month the rabies vaccination is due.
Do I need to submit a copy of the rabies vaccination form? YES
Will I receive a reminder notice that I need to renew my dog’s license? YES. Thirty days before you need to renew your dog’s license, we will send a pre-printed application by mail to all dog owners.
What if I lose the pre-printed application that is mailed to me? You can apply in person at the Clerk’s office or download a blank form and mail it in.
How do I decide if I can get a 3-year license? 3-year licenses may only be purchased for dogs that are at the beginning of their 3-year rabies vaccination. All others must purchase a one year license until the start of a new 3-year rabies vaccination cycle.
Per the Southborough Town bylaws, failure to register a dog will result in these fines being assessed:
- $25 fine if the dog registration is up to 30 days late.
- Additional $50 fine if the registration is more than 30 days late.
Download a dog license application - click here
Payment Options (include a copy of the dog’s rabies certificate):
- Mail the completed license form, and a check payable to “Town of Southborough” to
- Town Clerk, 17 Common St, Southborough, MA 01772
- Scan the completed license form and the rabies certificate to email@example.com, then call (508) 485-0710 x 3006 and pay by credit card.
- Place the completed license form, rabies certificate and a check payable to Town of Southborough in the GRAY mailbox located outside the Town House.
Please Note: If you no longer own a dog or if it has passed away, please notify the Town Clerk’s Office.
Loose dogs may be picked up by the Animal Control Officer and are subject to an initial fine of $15.00 plus boarding fees. Animal Control Officer Jennifer Condon can be reached at (508) 485-7817.