The primary charge of the Town Property Review Committee is as follows:
- Review previous analysis and studies of Town-owned buildings as conducted by previous iterations of the Municipal Buildings Committee, including but not limited to the report done by the Cecil Group in 2004;
- Prepare a Request for Proposals (RFP) to update the Cecil Group Report. Scope should include all Town-owned properties, including those that do not have buildings and/or are tax title properties;
- Request funding authorization from the Board of Selectmen for the RFP (likely funding source would be the engineering/consultant article approved at the 2015 Annual Town Meeting);
- Review proposals and make recommendation for bid award to the Board of Selectmen;
- Work with the selected vendor to update the study, including recommendations for each Town-owned building, including operational and maintenance (O&M) needs, municipal use, and future disposition. Improvements to buildings should be included in the Town’s Capital Plan and/or debt schedule planning, as may be applicable;
- Provide periodic updates to the Board of Selectmen, and solicit public input as necessary;
- Provide Final Report to the Board of Selectmen.