There are many community resources available for people who need help in getting necessities for their families. People in need should contact an agency in their town, if possible, to ensure that all their needs are met. Listed here are some agencies to contact.
- Project Just Because: 508.435.6511
This organization provides clothing and necessities to those in need from children through seniors.
- Department of Transitional Assistance: 877.382.2363
This is an agency which provides food stamps, cash benefits, Medicaid and Emergency Assistance to families and individuals who have little or no income.
- SMOC (South Middlesex Opportunity Council): 508.872.4853
Non-profit multi-services center with numerous services and programs in the areas of mental health, substance abuse, child care/Head Start, crisis intervention, criminal justice and re-entry program, employment and adult education, energy and financial assistance, housing, and nutrition.
- Framingham Family Resource Center: 508.270.1313
This drop-in center offers information, referral sources, assessments, and a variety of programs, groups, and education for families.
- Behavioral Health Partners: 844.528.6800
This agency helps families navigative a variety of different resources. They help match families with the best services for them and ensure that the important connections are made.
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 508.752.9000
Call for list of local and nearby meetings.
- Addiction Referral Center: 508.485.4357
AA Meetings and drop-in support for substance abusers.
- Al-Anon and Alateen: 508.366.0556
Call for list of meetings for family members of alcoholics.
- Family First Intervention: 888.291.8514
This is a program that helps addicts recover and bring normalcy to their lives. It also ensures that family members of an addict receive the help and support they need.
- Prana Recovery Centers: email@example.com
Provides a revolutionary relapse prevention program for addicts that focuses on rewiring, resiliency and recovery.
- Parents in Need: 844.784.8513
A network of treatment centers that provides resources from detox to outpatient, alumni programs and family programs to help a family recover together.
Assistance for Seniors
- Southborough Senior Center: 508.229.4453
Offers an array of activities, classes, trips and events for every level of activity. Health screenings and consultations are available with a Registered Nurse. Outreach services are provided to seniors in need, and those who are vulnerable or isolated. A hot meal is served for lunch each weekday.
- BayPath Elder Services: 508.573.7200
Provides services to eligible seniors from 14 Metrowest communities. Services include: meal preparation, home health services, money management and more.
- Voices Against Violence: 508.820.0834, 508.626.8686 (24-hour hotline)
This agency is dedicated to helping survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Services include a 24-hour hotline, crisis intervention, short-term counseling, support groups and police, medical and legal advocacy. Portuguese-and Spanish-speaking counselors are available during normal business hours.
- Daybreak Resources for Women and Children: 508.755.5371, 508.755.9030 (24-hour hotline)
- Southborough: 508.485.4847
- Metrowest Harvest: 508.788.3663
- Marlborough Community Cupboard: 888.811.3291 x 4902
- Northborough: 508.393.6897
- Westborough: 508.366.3007
- Hudson: 978.562.5280
- Free Clinic: 508.757.5154
St. Anne's Church, 130 Turnpike Rd. Shrewsbury
- Health Connector: 877.623.6765
Information and assistance in receiving health insurance through the state's universal coverage law.
- Metrowest Legal Services: 508.620.1830
- Community Legal Aid: 508.752.3718
Contact: Valerie Zolezzi-Wyndham
- The Common Ground Resource Center: 508.620.2690
This is the "hub" for the homeless and at-risk of becoming homeless in the Metrowest region. Co-located here are case managers, housing coordinators, housing specialists, employment specialists, mental health and substance abuse clinicians, outreach workers, domestic violence specialists and more. All shelter requests must go through the CGRC.
Services for Immigrants
- Catholic Charities Worcester: 508.798.0191
- Marlborough Community Services, Inc.: 508.481.4080
- Metrowest Latin American Center: 508.857.6609
If the information you are looking for is not listed here, please contact our office for futher assistance.